In this policy, personal information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act. References to Garvey & Company and www.garveycompany.com.au are to GARVEY & COMPANY PTY LTD ABN 58 360 901 which has issued the policy.
What type of personal information does Garvey & Company hold?
The type of information varies according to the nature of your dealings with Garvey & Company. The information generally collected by Garvey & Company include your:
- Name, address and contact details
- Personal details such as date of birth, marital status, details of any children, hobbies and pets
- Employment status including occupation and income
- Credit history, bank account details, loan approval number
- Details of properties you own, sale or lease transactions, previous addresses
- Drivers licence and passport information
- The following data is recorded on a standard basis upon visiting the Garvey & Company website:
- The name of your operating system and the type of browser you were using
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and your domain name
- The date and time of your visit
- Any pages you may access, and documents you have downloaded
This information does not identify you. Personal information is only recorded when provided by and agreed to by the individual, eg filling out a request form.
Our website may contain links to other websites, which may not be maintained by us. Such links are provided for your convenience and information only. While we ensure that any linked websites satisfy the minimum Privacy compliance standards, Garvey & Company cannot be held responsible for the content or Privacy Policies of any linked site.
For what purposes does Garvey & Company use personal information, and to whom, and for what purposes, will Garvey & Company disclose information we collect from you?
- Garvey & Company uses your personal information to enable us to carry out our duties and provide services as real estate agents. These services may include:
- Property sales, property management, and related services
- Registers of prospective vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants
- Prospective tenant suitability enquiries
- Financial and insurance services
- Providing relevant information to service providers and third party contractors who we engage to fulfil specific tasks on our behalf as part of the operation of our property business. All contractors must be privacy compliant. This information disclosure may include, but is not limited to:
- Where it is required by law, or permitted by the Act
- Where necessary to potential tenants, various trades people, landlords, referees, other agents, tenancy reference databases, any other parties necessary to identify and evaluate a potential tenant, or any other parties acting for a landlord, potential buyers, existing clients, potential clients, body corporates, government and statutory bodies, financial institutions, media organizations, advertising contractors
- Any third party consultants who may manage our database or computer system
Garvey & Company use our databases for sales and marketing purposes to ensure that you are kept up to date in relation to various property related issues, or to advise you of the other services we can offer.
Personal information we collect that is not of a sensitive nature may be used for such purposes as direct marketing. We collect this information directly wherever it is possible. Information may be collected from publicly available records, such as phone books or government records, or from third parties. These third parties must be privacy compliant. In our direct marketing, we will advise that you may choose not to receive further direct marketing communication.
How and when does Garvey & Company collect personal information?
Garvey & Company collects personal information in the main when you provide your details through:
- A telephone enquiry
- An open for inspection property
- An auction or private sale
- Enquiring or applying to renting a property
- Engaging us to provide services or advice to you including landlords and vendors
- Visiting our website, and initiating an enquiry or requesting further information
How does Garvey & Company hold personal information?
Garvey & Company holds your personal information in our databases and in paper based files and other records held in our offices. All personal information is stored securely.
You can access personal information Garvey & Company holds about you.
If you wish to review the personal information we hold about you, please send your request by e-mail, mail or fax to the contact details at the end of this statement. A fee may apply for such access. If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
Garvey & Company will correct inaccurate information.
If you wish to amend your information because it is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish your personal details to be deleted from our database, please contact us on the address below.
Can you remain anonymous?
You may visit our website and browse our site without disclosing any personal information. You may also anonymously attend our public Auctions, and you may access our promotional and advertising material.
How do you complain?
Garvey & Company
195 Through Road
Camberwell VIC 3124
Phone: 03 9830 1322
Facsimile: 03 9836 8584
E-mail: [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, so you may like to check it each time you visit the site.